Just like that, it’s the first Feature Friday of March! We hope that everyone had a great week and is ready to start off the weekend on the right foot. We’ve got a roundup of five of our favorite articles with everything from link-building to attract clients with content marketing. Enjoy!
Building a strong link-building strategy is pertinent to boosting your site’s online presence. There are tactics that are worth your time, and some practices that are a bit outdated, so check out which works best for your firm. When it comes to doing this, check out the Dos and the Donts.
Do’s of Link Building
- Determine the value of the link
- Remember that local listings still do very well
- Unlinked brand mentions
- Reclaim broken links
- HAROs (Help a Reporter Out) are a great way to get a backlink
- Sponsor cool things
- Create original content
Don’ts of Link Building
- Don’t ask for specific anchor text
- Don’t buy or sell links that pass PageRank
- Don’t use hidden links
- Steer clear of low-quality directory links
- Site-wide links look spammy
- Don’t comment links with over-optimized anchor link text
- Make sure you don’t abuse guest posts
- Watch out for automated tools that are used to create links on all sorts of websites
- Google will penalize you if you use link schemes, private link networks, and private blog networks
- Watch out for link exchange
Want to know more about how to create a strong link-building strategy for your website? Check out the entire article!
There are no definitive rules when it comes to the perfect time to post, how long they should be, video strategies, frequency and how to use the best images. What works for your company and audience may not work for another company or brand at all. It’s all about connecting with your niche audience and finding what works best for you.
Check out the infographic below to find out the best post lengths for certain platforms in order to get higher engagement this year.
So, you’ve defined your ideal client, area of specialization, and slogan, so now it’s time to think about how to sell your services to the people you meet. You want to be able to guide clients and create a confident message. How do you do this?
- Think about your value adds
- You need to address your emotional adds
- Tell them about the technical areas of specialization and how you can support your clients
- Remember to follow-up
Read the full article for more information.
More and more, we are seeing financial advisors using content marketing as a part of their strategy to attract clients. There are some basics to get started, so check them out and start creating strong content.
- Start by asking what is content marketing?
- What are the common objectives of content marketing?
- Check out the ABCD’s of content marketing:
A. Specifically, define your target audience
B. Generate interesting content ideas
C. Promotion and Action
D. Content Workflow
Read on to find out more about starting to create strong content for your firm and how to break it down.
The financial advisor industry is taking off, and there are so many trends and factors that are going to come into play in 2020 and beyond! One of the things that is going to be huge for financial advisors in the future is marketing automation, so we were so excited to hear Johnny Sandquist, CEO of Three Crowns Copywriting and Marketing discussing Lead Pilot in the trends to look for in 2020!
Check out the full video below to find out more about the top marketing trends, including our all-in-one marketing tool, Lead Pilot!